Shipping & Return Policy
But What if I Received the Items As a Gift?
It doesn’t matter if you paid for the items yourself or received them as a gift, we want you to be happy! In most cases returning items is not necessary; you don’t need the hassle of repackaging everything and dragging it off to the Post Office. On the occasions where we do need you to return an item we will talk to you directly about it (in email or on the phone).
We have scoured the major shippers to find you the quickest shipping method for the best price. We believe the United States Post Office does the best job of getting our treats to you as quickly and affordably as possible. On most items we offer Priority (2 to 3 day) and Express (next day) Shipping. We don't offer slower forms of delivery because we can’t guarantee that our perishables won't perish. If you live near us you can always pick up your order at our restaurant as well. There is no cost for that, of course. Our address is 1001 Lake Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49506.
Please be aware that we don’t use signature confirmation when we ship your package. This means you don't have to be home to have the package delivered and the food inside won’t suffer from multiple delivery attempts.
Delivery on (or Around) a Specific Day
Sending Personalized Notes
If you’d like to include a note in your package just type what you’d like to say in the "notes" field during checkout. We will write out your well-wishes and place them in the box with your delicious treats!
Beating the Heat
During the spring and summer you will see a $10 Warm Weather Surcharge per address on some items. This is to cover cold packs and insulated shippers to ensure your items arrive to you the way you expect (not melty, gooey messes.) The dates below indicate when the Warm Weather Surcharge is added:
October 1 - April 16 (No Surcharge)
April 17 - September 30 ($10 Warm Weather Surcharge)
Alaska and Hawaii
We definitely ship to these wonderful states but please be aware that Priority Mail takes 3 days instead of 2 to Alaska and Hawaii. We recommend placing your order at the beginning of the week (Monday is best) to make sure your package won’t sit in a warehouse over the weekend.
APO and FPO Addresses
We can certainly ship our goodies to your friends and loved ones stationed in the U.S. and overseas but please note a few things:
- The USPS does not guarantee shipping times for these addresses. It may take up to 2 weeks for their package to arrive.
- We recommend using discretion in choosing items to send to APO and FPO addresses. Breads and other sensitive items may not make it safely, but granola may be fine, for instance.
- Because of the longer-than-desired shipping times and sometimes rough handling of packages to these addresses, shipping to them is at your own risk.
We can certainly ship items outside the U.S. but please be aware of a few things first:
- Some of our items will not make the trip in the condition you would expect. Our granola bars may survive a flight half way around the world but our gluten-free bread wouldn’t like it so well, for instance.
- The postal services of some countries can be unreliable. The USPS turns over your package to the local postal service once it arrives in the destination country and is no longer responsible for it. Because of this we cannot guarantee safe arrival to these locations and shipping to them will be at your own risk. The good news is many countries have no problems to speak of.
Offline Ordering Options
Our webstore is designed to make shopping for our products easy and secure. However, if for any reason you would rather order items in person or over the phone we can do that as well. Come on in or give us a call at 616 454 4020 and we will be glad to help you.